Owens Monumental Works was founded in 1896 when Thomas Owens decided to open a business providing sales and production of cemetery memorials in Bangor, PA. In 1931 Raymond J. Kressler purchased the business. Shortly thereafter the location was moved across the street to the present location along Route 191. It was incorporated in 1937 and renamed Owens Monumental Company. In 1977, T. Keith Jones along with a 3rd generation Kressler, Raymond, bought the business from brothers, Warren and Carl Kressler. In 1982, Keith Jones along with his wife, Mickie became the sole owners and to this day it is owned and operated by Keith, Mickie, son Brian and son-in-law Frank Foreman. As of 2009, three different generations comprise the Owens’ workforce.